Thursday, August 9, 2007

Miss Appropriation

Took the family to Malibu (around Sycamore Canyon, I believe) last winter and found a bunch of burlap sacks on the beach. They seemed to be brand new, not even damp or stained. I have no idea what they were doing there, but I grabbed them and brought them home to paint on. I mounted them to Sintra and Masonite panels with PVA, primed them with acrylic "gesso" and went at it. Nice and rough, as you may imagine, but I find the results somewhat charming. The image was "influenced" by an old swimsuit pattern package illo...

13x28 oil on burlap - click to enlarge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
Several
home business ideas

If you want to know more here it is
home business ideas
www.home-businessreviews.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I would like to subscribe for this web site to obtain hottest updates,
therefore where can i do it please assist.

Feel free to surf to my site :: comprehensive auto insurance